View Single Post
Old 2007-03-25, 00:49   Link #976
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
After taking a loooooong break, I completed the second chapter of ef. It was good stuff... although the game kind of died right before it should have cut to the OP movie (I think). Do I need to have the disc in to see the OP? Well, I can check that out later.

I enjoyed the eye-candy and the story as well--Kyousuke was a great hero who put up with a lot IMO. As a character, Miyako is much more to my tastes than Kei, who was way too tsun-tsun. At least she had some nice dere moments, though.

I played all five routes of Wind in a very short period of time right before going back to ef, and one thing that made an impression on me was how much better the writing and pacing in ef is. The thing is, this could be due to any number of factors outside of the actual game. I played Wind in English and ef in Japanese, so I was literally forced to savor every line of ef. Also, ef might have a big advantage due to being a one-route game. (I was amused that they almost gave up on offering choices in the second chapter). The romances in both parts were quite heartfelt and convincing and did a great job of making me root for them. It left me with a very different feeling from, "Man, how many choices do I have to make until I get to Girl Y's endgame?"
I've had similar things happen to me when I try to play certain games. Make absolutely certain there's nothing that could be capturing the code such as a disc in the Disc-Drive or any video software using rendering technology. What happened is when a game went to use particle effects, it tried to access the disc drive first before checking my hard drive and their was a game in their so poof it exploded. The other one will simply cause both the crash usually kicking you to desktop. If you don't want the disc in and its because the opening is on the disc, copy the OP (usually MPG) to the hard drive and edit the .ini file so it points to the video on the drive instead of to the cd. You might need to research how to do that though and make a backup if you do.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote