View Single Post
Old 2014-04-04, 14:26   Link #55
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Since I've seen all the Break Blade OVAs, I'm kinda interested in what direction they'll take it for the TV series version of it. If it's only going to be 12-13 episodes, I won't waste my time with it.

But if they go the full 24/26 episodes that a full proper anime series should go for, I would certainly watch it. Hopefully they'll re-animate the show and not copy and paste the OVA content with a sprinkling of new stuff in between.

In particular I'm hoping they might go into more detail on the past of the special mech used through out the show. Unlike all the quarts driven mechs, the mech built by the lost ancient civilization seems to actually be more high tech in comparison. Sort of a twist. Since the rise of quartz powers, it seems technology took a backseat and people regressed and forgot about a lot of it.

The mech used in the show is self powered and appears to have a computer system of some kind. It also references "Control Towers" since when the mech first powers on it attempts to communicate them. Would be interesting if these control towers are actually supposed to be satellites in orbit and might still be up there waiting to be reactivated.

I would love to see what the old society was like and what tech they had. Surely they had firearms too? Seems like that mech wasn't really meant for sword/close combat. If only that part of the show was more fleshed out, then the OVAs could have been much better. Perhaps digging up more of the tech the ancients had or a possible discovery/reactivation of the "control towers" could change the dynamic of things. Maybe that mech has more abilities/weapons that they aren't aware of yet? If the ancient civilisation was a space bearing society, for all we know they left the planet and might return? That would be a interesting plot twist if they did. :P

It's been awhile since I've seen this show, so either way I might end up watching it anyways. I did read a little bit on the manga from which the OVAs were sourced. Not sure if the manga was still on going, but it too didn't seem to explain much about the past of that mech.

The only reason the protaganist (I forgot his name. :P ) can pilot that and not anyone else is probably just because it had some sort of security system that is DNA based. He might have been a descendent of them and thus that's why the mech responds to him only. Perhaps there was a war with quartz benders way back then, since that's the only reason why such a security system would exist. If it was to simply lock the mech to the original pilot, it would have just locked the protagonist out as well. So there may be a deeper meaning as to why it allows him to pilot it.

It's also possible the quartz benders are just trying to use it incorrectly. They are trying to move it with their powers and thus they always fail. Perhaps the security system isn't even real and only the main protagonist knows it's secret? :P

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote