View Single Post
Old 2007-09-25, 21:41   Link #207
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Speaking of political games, notice how Main Branch and the High Council don't seem to be eye-to-eye? The HC was supporting the Combat Cyborg program but Main Branch banned the technology. Sometimes, I get the feeling that the HC were a last minute addition to the StrikerS setting. Not properly integrated as the other elements.
Personally, I saw the so called High Council as a shadow government or even just a shadow advisory team. Not many except the top even knows about them. Nobody gets to know that they are but mere brains in a jar. They advise and can quietly mobilize some assets but have little real authority.

Which is why I think that the TSAB won't really be badly affected. They just lost a meddling advisory team that never shows up in person. The HQ is intact, the Navy is intact, the GF just has to have the next senior officer replace Regius and rebuild the building.

And of course, since they weren't badly affected, it'd be the same old TSAB. Same old flaws. For the next time...

Quote:
Probably not. That would require a fleet vs fleet situation, something that Nanoha and co are not qualified to deal with. Fleet vs supership has already been done, courtesy of the Cradle.
What happened can hardly be called "done". That was a scuttling.