View Single Post
Old 2008-01-28, 05:24   Link #47
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The only catch to that of course then is it really comes across as a direct "competitor" to fansubs and the fairweather fans might not be willing to pay for a digital file. I would, but I like to think the worst of my fellow fan lol...
Yeah, you got that right. I think paying for downloads is actually the last stage before newer generations take over, generations that won't feel an ounce of debt to creators of content available on the Internet. This is already quite apparent, so the entertainment industries will have to think of something else, perhaps take it up to their governments to enforce taxes on entertainment, lol. I firmly believe that the Internet won't drastically help the anime industry eat into the share of other entertainment industries because of the content it offers (no mainstream appeal, even in Japan), which is exactly why the majority of anime titles have stayed in the niche for the past 40 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de View Post
Probably true. But then, how many people would buy hug pillows or character CDs of US voice actors?
Oh, people buy those, they just don't buy from anime licensees.

Last edited by cyth; 2008-01-28 at 05:40.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote