View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 06:16   Link #12536
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
As for Zenkichi himself, I admit that I find him bland and boring as a character; chapters that focus on him, I tend to skim through in a minute or two just to get the general idea. Reflecting that attitude, when I mention him in my posts, my tone is probably somewhat dismissive.

But, while I'd rather he has less screen time, or just go away and star in his own spin-off manga if you'd prefer, I do think that he's a nice, hard working guy who deserves all the happiness in the world. And certainly deserving of a relationship that's not so unbalanced and... dare I say it? even servile as the one he now has with Medaka. If that counts as hating him, then... *shrug* what can I say, tastes vary, I guess?
Yeah, that kinda counts as hating, I guess. <---- This is sarcasm. All this reminds of a pretty fun quote, although some terms - such as "idiotic" - would need to be changed: "I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it." Hopefully that helped.

I mean, seriously, I'm not trying to be hard here, I'm just trying to understand.

Because, honestly, every single post I read of yours, and by now I must've read alot since I started coming to this thread, passes off the vibe that you hate the guy's guts. It's as if your derision for him is unintentionally seeping out every time you even mention the character's name. "Dismissive", I think some would agree, would be an understatement. "Contempt" would be more like it. I'd seriously have thought that you'd punch-out the screen when he won against Iihiko or something ridiculous like that. But maybe I'm just reading in too much into your tone. Maybe your hatred of the pairing is just spilling to the side you dislike more. Maybe you just hate him that much that you intentionally phrase yourself that way. I don't know.

I don't know if that was your intention, or it's just a subtlety of how you treat characters you simply don't care for. And if that is your intention, then I bring back my original question of what caused you to feel that way.

Since I couldn't choose, I'm just asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
I actually think I'm on the same page as most of his fans on this issue really (him deserving better).
Somewhat, yeah. Mostly, I would guess, would be the agreement in the final result. Not what I was asking, though, but thanks for the insight on your thoughts anyways.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2013-03-02 at 13:53.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote