View Single Post
Old 2008-07-30, 13:52   Link #497
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Thank you so much!
This is quite a luxurious DVD set!

"Not AU (yet)" isn't much of a merit. In this case it's trying to stick to the original to the extent that it's not interesting. To make matters worse, it's a greatly dumbed down version. You'll see AU soon enough. Most of the characters above 20yrs are removed. The world is ruled by children. (No prodigies BTW. Just simple little kids.) There are no KMFs, no organization. Take a pistol and go bang-bang in school, and expect to destroy Britannia before you know it. I mean... WOW.
The only merit is they look cute. Maybe nice if you want to see the characters waste all day having a sweet time together like kindergarten kids. Although those roundsy-cutesy faces grow old pretty soon because they all look the same. This artist can't draw anything but "cute", not even a proper angry or serious face, let alone anything cool. The poor way of making expressions is so much the style of shoujo manga a decade ago.
Personally, Of all 4 manga series, this is the least recommanded one. The story is more childish than most fanworks. The art is bland. This manga looks like an attempt to jump on the bandwagon - using Code Geass to make an useless inapt manga drawer famous. I do not see any sign of the drawer putting efforts in this manga. If the drawer did try, and this is the best she can do, then I feel sorry for her. It's very competitive in Japanese manga market, so it must be so hard for such an inapt drawer to strive to survive. XD
I bought like 80% of the Code Geass merchandise released, but I'm not wasting my money on a fifth-grade-xmas-play version of Code Geass.

Err... I rant too much. Most of the mangas adapted from anime or movie suck, though. So it isn't surprising for Code Geass to share this fate. Luckily there's Nightmare of Nunnally, which is so good that it can stand on its own feet. The one based on Suzaku is acceptable, too. At least it's trying to do storytelling in an interesting way.
You are talking about this, right?
http://www.amazon.ca/Code-Geass-Mang...7443825&sr=1-1
That's the one I saw.

Also, are the novels worth it?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote