View Single Post
Old 2009-01-17, 15:02   Link #2242
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
You can do pretty much anything you want. I think recently someone managed to finish all of Generation 1, 2, and 3 without rebirthing (this is one of the biggest gripes of Mabinogi of people complaining it's impossible to play the game without doing it).

Then again that player had played the TW version before so they were far more skilled then your average player.

And if you were just punching foxes you weren't moving on to other things yet
Well, I wanted to assassinate the village elder and rain fiery death upon the village but all I could do was take his quest to go punch foxes, so I guess I couldn't do anything I wanted now could I?

In all seriousness though, I didn't actually play long enough to form a real opinion on the game but I was really turned off by all the 12 year old leetspeak clogging every chat channel and the fact that you have to pay money just to make your character not look like a total lifeless blob, especially after the style they used in the ads. (Yeah I know this game is free to start and WoW costs money both to buy and play monthly but the whole spending money for in-game items has always felt like a scam to me, even the WoW trading card vanity-only items.) Also just decided, I play WoW and don't intend to stop right now, so there is really no point in wasting time in another mmo, especially this game which just feels inferior right from the start.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote