Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 09:34   Link #527
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I made some lamb chops today with the bone in. Put some pasture butter on the pan, seared the top and bottom of the meat on medium-high heat for about 2-3 min, added fresh spices (rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram) then reduced the heat to low and covered for 10-15 minutes. Turned off the heat and let the meat stand for a few minutes, still covered, added salt and pepper... oh baby, hehe.
Sounds good. Lamb is good for many Americans because it has a unique flavor and Americans don't usually eat it, so basically, it is a treat when they eat it, for the most part. The flavor is good and I've never been sick of it because I don't eat it often. That must be how it is for many Americans.

I really like lamb like how I've eaten it growing up - with mint flavors. Lamb with mint is a popular way to eat it. More specifically, my family would eat lamb with mint jelly. Just combine some forkfuls of lamb meat with some mint jelly. Very tasty. I should have some lamb with mint jelly sometime this fall. It has been a few years since I've had lamb with any sort of mint condiment. The last time was 2009 where I went to a restaurant and had lamb served with mint oil (or was it a mint aioli?); used to dip the meat into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I also made myself a salad but that required no cooking and is thus rather irrelevant to this discussion .
This thread is basically "food you prepare at home/eat at home".