Thread: Licensed Aoi Hana (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 10:48   Link #342
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Had some choco brownies with episode 10.

First things first, the Sugimoto family seems as dysfunctional as I assumed they are.

Secondly I was actually expecting that bringing her along to see Fumi on that bridge might end up biting them in the ass as a rather dick move, but I was wrong in certain ways. A bit of backstory on Sugimoto does show a lot on how she became who she was: a child just doing what she feels and wants almost to a whim, not realizing she was essentially just reliving a vicious cycle with Kyouko with her now as the person being pined over.

Fumi got it down pat so maybe there was no need for me to say it anyway. Sugimoto needs to grow up and move on. Lingering around does nothing for both of them. Fumi says she's moved on and Sugimoto's still trapped in that cycle she'll never come out of until she realizes she needs to let go at some point. As long as she acts more on her own impulses rather than trying to see what the other is feeling, she'll just be reliving the same thing over and over again, in perpetua.

It was great seeing Fumi being the mature one here and asserting her own will. She's not going to be whipped around by Sugimoto anymore and is willing to move on. Where she's moving on, of course, I guess we'll see next episode.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote