View Single Post
Old 2008-12-30, 07:57   Link #31
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Regarding the doujin scene, ZUN's stance could be summed up as "I let you borrow my setting and my characters, you can do whatever you want with it. In the end, it is not canon, and you should remind your customers about it when you sell your work."

This can explain why the community and him have worked so well together. Artists can interpret the characters how they want, in a very broad variety. Alice can be the tsundere, the stalker, the yandere, the one who is always ignored, or the master of the unwanted harem. Sakuya can be the badass, the mysterious maid, insecure about her bust size, a closet lolicon (for the Scarlet Sisters), or engaged in a love-hate relationship with Meling. Reimu can be the slacker, John McClane (the normal and level-headed girl who is the wrong girl in the wrong place at the wrong time), the badass (like in Tohonifun) or Queen Bitch of Gensokyo. Marisa can be the kleptomaniac, the one who always start fun, and the harem master who indeed stole her haremettes' precious thing.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote