View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 05:15   Link #538
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Would you pay 250 British pounds for the first season on DVD? Even if it was available for rental? Because that's what around forty thousand Japanese did.
Oh, absolutely. And since I bought the Japanese Blu-Ray volumes, I already did (well... except the "DVD" part).

You know, I think I figured out why it's so hard for you to believe people bought K-On just for the love of it... I could be wrong, but it sounds to me that the idea of wanting to own physical copies of ones favorite TV shows and movies is foreign to you. I shouldn't be surprised at that, considering this is a torrent listing site and all, but the point is there are still a lot of us left, that being people like me for whom it is the most natural thing in the world to want to own actual physical copies of our entertainment - not rent, not download, but own it to keep on the shelf and be able to pull it out and watch any time we want to.

Personally, I'm the type of person who will buy pretty much any movie or TV show box set I have even the slightest interest in so when something like K-On comes along that I absolutely love, a scary price tag isn't going to get in my way. I'm willing to pay (the equivalent of) 250 British pounds not because it's something to brag about, but because that is what it costs.