Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Senki Zesshō Symphogear
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 03:08   Link #130
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
>Dangermouse
Thank you! By the way, I'm still reading this forum! I love reading viewer's comments!
I posted some background artwork on Catsuka.

Please have a look! It's a french forum but feel free to write a comment in english if you want!
Awesome. Great work, I loved the city/location scifi design.

But hated the death of the character I came to the show in the first place to watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
After poking through this thread (and seeing the images of Kanade and Tsubasa) I decided to check it out.

This is pretty much my string of thoughts/reactions throughout the episode:

Spoiler for Reactions/saving space:

That being said, my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time. It's a wonder I somehow remembered to breathe. Good ol' nature, doing things for me automatically.
Yeah, not once did you even mention the lead let alone by name, I was enjoying the setting they were creating and love scifi so I was loving the city design, and the bizarreness of the noise and how they attacked as you mentioned and the unexpected violence with the civilians and most especially the kinetic style of action they were going for particularly with Kanade's badass moves (and Tsubasa's later with her cool KOS-MOS colored armor), if they didn't kill her and trade in my favorite character going in, and at that point, for the lame and least favorite character (even within the story it seems since now when they went back to the present Hibiki's now still alive even though she should be dead while Kanade's gone) this would have been a rock solid premiere, instead I didn't even really like her even when she was protecting the other kid and using Kanade for motivation which I'm sure was the idea and instead I spent the whole time whenever she was on the screen wanting Kanade back and wanting the first half of the ep back, heck I would have rather seen Kanade have to deal with failing to save her. I suppose weirdness could still occur since something funky seemed to happen with the timeline if she's dead and then alive (at least for now) in the present.

That said, the pacing was really good (except for the school lull).

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-07 at 04:10.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote