View Single Post
Old 2010-02-16, 12:06   Link #1059
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post

Which Russian Sushi scene are you talking about? Ep05's and Ep06's Russian Sushi scenes are mutually exclusive:
  • In Ep05, the Dollars-Otaku gang were sitting on the counter table (or w/e it's called, that long table that's built into the outside of the counter area). It is assumed that they talked with Kida in some VIP room until ~22:00, when Kida left and bumped into some wannabe Yellow Scarves.
  • In Ep06, the Dollars-Otaku gang were sitting on a regular table. It is assumed that after eating, they took out one serving of sushi (which was given to Hashim), and then headed towards Kaztano's place.
My mistake, I should been more specific that I was talking about both.

Quote:
Plus, Ep06 can't happen on the same day as [the majority of] Ep05 because:
In Ep05, Celty was sent on a mission to retrieve a suitcase (given at ~18:15). In Ep06, Celty was tasked to look for Kaztano's kidnappers (time given assumed below). At first glance, there might be a possibility that this all happened in one night. However,
  • examining Celty's phone, its clock says 23:05, so the Alien-slashing incident should have happened at around ~22:00, given she got the suitcase right after and completed her delivery.Ep05
  • Dotachin called Kaztano's cell at 21:56, so it is assumed that Celty was given the task at ~21:30 (accounting for the gang's dinner time) and she was already searching for the kidnappers since ~21:40.Ep06
In conclusion, given how she was doing a blind search for a while, and accounting for her arrival at the exchange point relative to the Dollars-Otaku gang's, she could not have made it to the slashing area at ~22:00 earliest.
That makes a lot sense, I hadn't thought looking at the time in show,

Quote:
Not really. It happened earlier alright, a whole eight hours before the opening narration.

And, counting eight hours from when Kaztano was kidnapped (20:43), Fat Kidnapper was captured at ~29:00 (~5:00 the next day).
True.
Quote:
If you are talking about the major day on which Ep05 takes place: unlikely, for the reasons mentioned above. Basically, the legendary [Kaztano Incident] took place on the 50% Off Russian Sushi Day, which was the day that contained most of Ep06's content.
Yep, but like you said using your explanation it's probably not possible.

Quote:
Oh, and I just realized the kidnapper's said "Prepare for trouble" when they first met the Dollars-Otaku gang (well, at least on gg's subs). Now I know why Walker said that it's so "old school".
This is Otaku gang we are talking about, it's most than likely it is reference like the milk scene.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote