View Single Post
Old 2010-07-29, 11:09   Link #7058
madmac

Quote:
"Comforting her" wouldn't satisfy me, I'd resent such an ending. She's done MORE than enough to deserve to find happiness. And if you plan to introduce alternate love interests, it would be much easier and much more logical to add those to Nagi's side (who already showed that she was susceptible to that in the past, e.g. with Ayumu's brother). People who fit her better.
Hina hasn't had any guys openly chasing her at this point, so you can't really say how she'd react. It's purely hypothetical. Nagi went on a date with a boy, treated him kindly, and calmly explained that she already had another love and wouldn't be seeing him again. Hina can only wish she had that kind of grace when it comes to dating, and she's the older one.

It's obvious that you're a huge Hina fan, and I respect that and all, but I can see there's no point in arguing with you. We'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Quote:
That's the thing. Except for the "I must care for and protect Milady", Hayate and Nagi have no bond, they have nothing in common. They're of different ages. They have different interests. They enjoy different things.
This, though, I find odd. Hayate and Nagi have an easy, relaxed companionship and are often seen conversing amiably about all sorts of random things. Hayate may not be an Otaku, but he's second only to Nagi when it comes to dropping anime references. Besides which, they both miss each other terribly when they're apart. Even if it's not love, I don't see how you can honestly argue that they don't enjoy each others company or have anything in common.

Hina's far too much like Hayate for my tastes. It makes their interactions about as entertaining as watching paint dry when Hina isn't getting all tsun tsun and making a mess of things. Which she does, frequently. That's just me, though.

Quote:
but the leap to "this is the girl I love and want to spend my life with" in a romantic context seems very, very far to me.
Eh, if you say so.

When Maria suggested Hayate marry Nagi to pay off her debt, he had three objections.

1. I won't marry her for money.

This has already become a non-issue. Nagi is no longer filthy rich and his debt to her is more personal than financial.

2. I won't lay hand on a child.

This takes care of itself, given time. How much time is debatable.

3. There's no way a girl like her would like someone like me.

This is not exactly an insurmountable obstacle. I mean, it's just Hina redux, except Nagi has to wait an unspecified amount of time before it can work. Will Hina beat her to it? Maybe, but probably not, at least not by much. Hina's confession could even be the catalyst for Nagi taking action.

The way I see it, even if Nagi doesn't "win" she'll get her fair chance to compete on level ground with everyone else. Until Nagi is old enough to do so, nothing of any real consequence will happen. This way, no one auto-loses to Nagi because she's the little girl he has to protect, and Nagi doesn't auto-lose because Hayate doesn't see her as a woman. That's the real endgame, IMO.

Last edited by madmac; 2010-07-29 at 12:16.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote