View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 06:21   Link #2612
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Playing action RPGs lately. Cleared The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Diablo 2 and Torchlight. Anyone else got any action RPGs for the PC that they can recommend?
I don't know whether BioWare's games are classified as Action RPG or not, but their games looked action enough for me. Try Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect series, Fallout series and also the recent Deus Ex: Human Revolution are also recommended if you don't mind about the FPS style gameplay. They still have rpg elements such as dialogue choices, exploration, experience, skills, and so on.

there are also other older games which are great IMO. For example, Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (veeery old game) if you're looking for stats-based gameplay. The newer game, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is more of first/third person style gameplay. Bioware's older games such as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series are also great

Sorry if you already knew most of them, but that's all I've played

Currently replaying Tekken 6 on my PS3, since my friend just got his PS3 recently, and my other friends love to play to his house, so finally I could have some opponents trying to hone my skills further, and also master more characters. Also still playing Gran Turismo 5. Thanks for the new Spec 2.0 update, the game is much more enjoyable loading time is much faster, interior view for all cars, weather and AI controls, multiple settings for a car, and now endurance races are resumable now mostly raising the levels for my B-Spec drivers.

Oh, and I'm really hooked to its new Spec 2.0 Opening movie
Spoiler for Youtube link:

And... already finished the 2nd playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Still playing Left 4 Dead 2 also. Now replaying Rainbow Six: Vegas series. I find these games to be quite difficult for sure I died several times for being caught off-guard. Despite being a fans of older Rainbow Six games, I find the new FPS style combat in Vegas series to be great because it gives more action without compromising the tactical elements. Hopefully the series will continue