View Single Post
Old 2011-08-24, 19:29   Link #39
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
Rintaro and Kurisu are basically the two most "complete" characters of the show - moreover, complete with a different public and private behaviours

they don't feel as "animeish" (stereotyped) as - say Feiris, or... "niche" as Mayuri or Moeka. it's only natural to feel simpalthy for them. they're not just "the most likeable" or "the most accomplished"

they are "quite believable" for an anime. they alone would - indeed - suffice to justify a live adaptation.
Feiris is actually just as doable as Okabe, since her "front" is also just an act like Okabe, she has her Rumiho personality underneath to flush her character out. Whether her Feiris personality is *tolerable* as a live action character OTOH is quite debatable.

Mayuri though is a pretty standard airhead moe character, hardly anything niche about her and she's the least believable of the lot if taken out of the anime plain.

Moeka, love or hate her, is actually a fairly refreshing take on the "stoic" type, but I can actually see her being adapted into a live adaptation and still work, as I think her type of character (poor at human interactions and relies on other method of communication) has been done before in some films, possibly sci-fi.

Now Kurisu still has a touch of that anime tsundere in her to make her completely believable, but other than that she is easily adaptable to live action.