View Single Post
Old 2009-06-17, 10:28   Link #23
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
- I was surprised that Hayate is doing so poorly for the school year. He's a bright kid and the ultimate example of a hard worker, so I'm not sure what's giving him so much trouble. Oh Hayate, maybe you're a bigger dumbass than we ever imagined. Maria's obviously too intelligent for you; she graduated Hakuo at 13, you're failing the first or second year at 16.
Well, to be fair, while Hayate is an extremely hard worker, he never really had to do extensively challenging school work like Hakuou would assign (or so I assume). And they did mention that some of the tests weren't even in Japanese (the Math test was in German/3 other languages or something), which unless Hayate worked as a translator while hiding his age, would be pretty hard to learn. I think most of his talents fall into the category of physical labor and communication skills, not schoolwork or that kind of stuff.

Quote:
- I'm with Chibi, qwerty, and Ash. Izumi's great. Riza was my favorite of the trio at first thanks to that joke about her being that Japanese singer, but Izumi overtook her soon after. I was completely indifferent to Miki for the longest time, but she's starting to grow on me very slightly. She's certainly ahead of a few characters, like those two butlers that appear so rarely they don't even feel like part of the series sometimes.
Yes, another is being converted to the Izumi side!