Thread: Licensed The Breaker
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-22, 18:09   Link #1012
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Pivotal? You are making her out to be more than she is. What has she done for Shioon, besides being the catalyst(i.e. bait) to fights? She has never helped his resolve or anything. There was one minor thing near the beginning of part 1 vol1 where he felt ashamed of himself after talking to Saehee a bit when he was told to bring her to the bullies, but that's it. I hardly see her as being an even minor important character, aside from being the bait for him to jump into fights, which, if say, Jinie were beaten up and caught, he would do and act the same.

I also still think you are overestimating his feelings, love or not. He considers her a good friend, no doubt. But you see him get riled up and think that this is a sign that he cares more about Saehee than the other girls, when Saehee is in a totally different position. His mantra to protect her so strongly is more to do with her not being involved in the Murim than some underlying feeling of friendship.
Pivotal as in there wouldn't be a story without her, if that's not pivotal then I don't know what is.

I ain't overestimating jack about his feelings, both girls think this. Unless you think they're both wrong and that he clearly thinks of them all equally when he doesn't have a single logical reason to do so. It's like stating that random girl a who I meet down the street is more important to me than my closest friend who I've known all my life and helped me make a pivotal decision.

Shioon has never shown ANY romantic feelings to either of the girls which is why they have inferiority complexes in first place. The girl who he's known the longest and cared about the longest wins by default.
It's basic common sense but shipping bias seems to be blinding people. I don't even care who he ends up with, I just find it funny why people would think that he would care for them all equally, especially considering the blatant signs.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote