View Single Post
Old 2011-10-14, 00:27   Link #832
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think instead of saying Toori himself stands out because personally I don't think he's much different than some characters we've had in the past, pervert character with serious depths however you want to describe it. I think the thing that makes him seem to stand out is that despite his character, the other characters play off him really well. Like at the confession meeting in episode 2.
The smile. Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopiget
I don't think the huge amount of cast is the issue. The initial main beef is big boobs = fanservice in most people's mind, and Toori's rather stupid nature and "derpy" character design. The entire initial presentation just comes off as gimmicky and pretentious especially with a "ridiculous" plot.

This is why we shouldn't fault any of the people who have bad initial impression. Most people really just watched it and don't really do any research. I convinced quite a number of people to watch the series since I basically tell them I would enjoy this series even if everyone hates it and is definitely not fanservice based (I'm 100% honest about this). Most of them would come back and tell me Episode 1 is "watchable", and they would stick around for a couple more and see if the series go anywhere (which is my goal anyway, just have them give this a chance and not to dismiss this immediately as just trashy fanservice). After Episode 2 air they all just went this is pretty decent, which is great because I get more people to discuss the series with .
I always have a beef toward people who jump into one show without doing a little bit of research. I don't mind if they know nothing, then after watching, they do their own research about what they just watched instead of asking question that has already answered multiple times in the same thread.
Admittedly, all of my questions are answered by you at the beginning of this thread, but I couldn't find anything related at that time.