Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 12:19   Link #388
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah, different people have different viewpoints, who would have thought.
"People" does not equal a single entity. Again, who would have thought?
And yes, context and execution matter, who would have thought!
I was using you as an example for a generalized opinion and it was unfair to do so. I apologize for that. I came off stronger than I intended to.

Quote:
Are you fucking serious? Hell no, it isn't. I reread that chapter a couple of days ago and apparently you really ought to do the same. All Hisoka said in the manga was "What a good boy" and told him he'd passed, he didn't go on and on about how much of a boner he was getting like he did in this episode.
It's sort of the context. This episode rearranged Hisoka's line saying "That's a nice face"; in the manga and first anime, he says it to Leorio. In the new series, it's moved to when he's choking Gon. But the way the line is written in Japanese is sort of flirtatious and creepy because of it. He doesn't just say "What a good boy"--the nuance is kind of like "Ooh! You're such a good boy! " in the line you're talking about. But it's sort of hard to capture into English.

His face is more twisted than in the manga during that scene, but I didn't find it unnecessary because it's in line with his personality. If I end up doing a comparison, I'll go into more detail.

Quote:
What does that have to do with any of my criticisms? It seems you've severely misinterpreted my issues with Hisoka's portrayal in this episode. I never complained that they didn't make him look enough of a "bad guy" or whatever. Yeah, he is a person, but a much less interesting and entertaining one with his toned down psychopathy.
I think that the psychopathy is still there, but in a different way. I'm not sure I've considered it to be "toned down" because of the way the character is in latter portions of the series.

Remember how there were those rumors that Hisoka was going to be changed into a "brave man"? That was a mistranslation. The line said something like "one who only cares about the strong." So in this incarnation of the series, Hisoka doesn't kill anyone without purpose. I can't really continue without getting into spoiler material, but I'll PM you why I think the change was made.

Quote:
Not sure why anyone would neg rep those, I always found them pretty interesting to go through. But I can understand if you don't feel like doing them after such ungratefulness.
I don't understand either, tbh. It didn't make sense to me that the only reputation I got for that post was a negative one. But if people enjoy reading them, then I'll do them.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote