View Single Post
Old 2012-04-27, 06:14   Link #28617
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It means that she really got the injury and it did not heal. How else could they have "a wound that resembles a gunshot", although they are alive? Since it was said in red that they have the wound it must be there, however the cause is unknown, because it only resembles a gunshot wound. You can also see that both Shanon and Kanon always have a hat on, probably to hide the wound.
Putting aside that you're equating the Banquet First Twilight wounds with the "fell off a cliff" wound (which I think is a bit of a stretch), Renall pointed out that that line was translated pretty oddly, with the actual sentiment being closer to "they all appeared to have fatal gunshot wounds.", with whether or not such a wound was present was pretty vague. Also, Godha, Genji, and Kumasawa ALSO had those maybe-gunshot-sounds.

And while I'm sure the sprites have a moderate alignment with how how Ryu imagines everyone dressing, they can't be -entirely- representative, unless you think they never change clothes, and Natsuhi is sleeping in her layered, corseted evening gown. And the anime has both Shannon and Kanon hatless a bit, though I won't really bring that up as strong evidence, here. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Personally I've always wondered about this terrible wound.
From the way the scene is described you would expect the maid to fall on her head. Now, either she keep on holding the baby through the fall and this is what shielded the baby (assuming she just didn't crumble over the baby) or, more likely, she let the baby go in a desperate attempt to grab something and, if the baby was lucky, he/she fell on her, always falling on his head (heaviest part of his/her body and at that age he/she couldn't really turn).
The chance the baby fell on his/her lower half is rather low.
At that age a stab wound caused by a sharp rock serious enough to cause body damage should also produce enough blood loss to kill the baby.

So hum... I've always been sceptical about it.

Though it's possible that the fall damaged Yasu's brain in such a way it couldn't send the hormonal signals that would allow Yasu to enter into puberty. In this way there would be no visible scar but she would still have a body 'uncapable of love'.
Well,first I have to acknowledge that we're assuming that Yasu = the baby that fell off the cliff. It's an assumption that previous debate has proven unnecessary, but it's the assumption I prefer. So, we'll assume Yasu fell off a cliff as a baby.

EVEN SO, a head injury as you say is not needed the way I'm currently thinking about it. If Yasu has some kind of atypical anatomy, hormone levels, or dysphoria regarding her body, then you don't need an injury to make her feel "incapable of love". If she has some kind of innate non-binary identity in regards to gender, her anger at Genji and Nanjo would have been for saving her life after the fall, AT ALL, because then she had to deal with her problems later in life. She'd rather have just died than have to bother going through a weird puberty, something like that.

It would also give a more reasonable explanation for Lion's defensive stance on the question, AND highlights the wonders that a loving, ABSURDLY wealthy family can do for a kid, especially growing up in the 80's, where a young-Yasu wouldn't have just, say, gone online and found relevant information for what was up with her.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote