Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 20:33   Link #37
mit7059

I understand what you're trying to say DG, truely I do, except I also know that its total bullshit that you pulled out of your ass to try to defend yourself. This is one the first things you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
You don't see this whole hubbub about some random person dying in a car crash, but once it's a pitcher that few outside the baseball circle give a damn about, OH NOES!!!!

Pfeh, either way, doesn't really matter to me...
You were claiming that it was only news because of Cory Lidle, after we showed you that this was news even if it wasn't Cory Lidle, you realised that your arguements were worthless, I mean it was a plane flying into a building in New York City, things like that have happened before, and people are still a little touchy about that, but then you turn to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'm not going to point blame. I'm stating facts. Athletes get paid far more than regular people.

BECAUSE Cory Lidle had the money to buy airplane, and BECAUSE he had the money to pay for flight lessons, he flew plane. Since every flight has a probability of crashing, heightened by flying low, heightened still by flying in an area full of HIGH RISES (WTF was he thinking?), then he got what was coming.
You try to change the arguement to that because he was rich he could do things that were dangerous, and because he was rich thats why he died. Thats true, if he didn't have the money to buy the plane, he might still be alive.

But your statement also reveals your total ignorance of the facts surrounding the crash. From eyewitness accounts of people in the building they could see the pilot wrestling with the controls, he avoided heading straight into a construction worker who gave this accound swung around the building and then crashed. So it sounds like there was some sort of mechanical problem. Also FYI, what he was doing: flying around NY City is legal and happens regularly, do you know what he did prior to going to Manhatton? He flew around the statue of liberty, could you understand why he wanted to do that?

What I'm guessing is that he had no intention of flying around inbetween high rises, what I'm guessing happened is that he wanted to fly over the city, which commercial planes do all the time, and then had some sort of engine or mechanical trouble.

It was an accident, it was tragic, and you can call the economics of why hes paid so much bullshit if you want, but its true, real, and will never change. I think the wage disparities in this country are atrotious, but instead of focusing your anger on professional athletes who are paid market price, yes market price, where the supply curve meets the demand curve, is misplaced and misguided. Pro athletes aren't stealing any opportunities from you or your family, or the people around you who are working hard. Who you should be pissed at are people like Ken Lay and George W. Bush, people who were never poor, never even close to it, and who don't give a shit about making your life better unless there's something in it for them.

Now before I get going, I'm gonna stop- I could flame about bush all day but that wouldn't get us anywhere. Instead of being pissed off at the people who lived the american dream, who were poor, found something they were good at and now live a great life, which is true of a very large amount of pro baseball players, look at all the players from central america and the caribbian, you should be pissed off at the people who are preventing you from getting what you do deserve, what you should be looking into is the difference in pay between a CEO of a company and a line worker, because in reality, the money that goes to pro athletes is chump change compared to what goes to the elite powerbrokers, who you rarely hear about, but run almost the entire country. Always remember the golden rule: he who has the gold rules.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here