View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 09:03   Link #836
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
One point of critic here though: He goes from getting his ass handed to him by Chrono to beating Chrono within an inch of his life in that short a period? That's a bit too much shounen powerboost, don't you think? Even Nanoha and Fate only went from 'being outgunned' to 'equal match' and that was due to the difference in their devices, and with the Wolkies holding back. I would personally find it more believable if Alex had an equall fight with Chrono.
This is more a case of superior tactics and knowing the layout of the city better than Chrono does. During the initial engagement in episode five, Chrono smacks Alex around because the environment is open air, where Chrono can use his superior mobility and arsenal of ranged attacks to bring Alex to his knees, while Alex is struggling to get a flight spell working. A month later, he's got that flight spell working just fine, but he also lures Chrono into engaging him in enclosed areas where his vastly superior melee skills are of the greatest use.

Quote:
.... concidering this is your own private timeline, I have zero say in this, but as an inserter I don't really like this. The focuss of the scene was Hayate's power, and Hayate's strength. Now it looks as if she needed someone else before she could break free.
Good point, this might just shaft Hayate even further if I leave it the way it is. I'll work on this a bit more and get back to it.

Quote:
Could you re-link his profile?
If I can find it in 300+ pages of backlog, yeah.

Quote:
Seconded, I rather like the change from generic magical girl series to something more original
Well I didn't, not in the slightest. My take on StrikerS is going to have minimal amounts of interference from the higher-ups. I compared the SIs to James Bond, and that's pretty much what the girls are going to be doing, complete with a License to Kill. They get assigned (or select on their own) a case relating to JS, and they follow it through to the conclusion, crossing blades with Zest, Lutecia, the Numbers, and hoards and hoards of gadgets, but at no point will you see them dedicating multiple chapters to training a bunch of green recruits or dealing with Regius's political bullshit. That last one in particular is getting completely axed. The Forwards may appear in some other context, i.e. Subaru and Teana show up as a couple of GF mages working on a crime scene, but don't expect Erio and Caro to get more than a passing mention from Fate.

Quote:
Woot! Acous apears! That certainly was a welcome surprise, we don't get to see much of Acous around here (I really wish StrikerS had done more with him).
Count on him showing up more often in my fanon to make up for the missing Forwards.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote