View Single Post
Old 2004-05-07, 09:35   Link #11
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime
I know Ed turned 16 in the anime since it was stated he was 15, like I stated previously when they were hospitalized and Winry came to visit them (after the whole Philosopher's Stone arc) Winry went to Elysia chan's b-day party and mentioned it was Ed's b-day too and asked Maes to get him a present, but Maes said Winry's smile was present enuff lol and then Ed got a cake baked from Glacier and some book or something. So that would make him 16
You are correct. Rewatching ep6 reinforces that anime Ed's birthday is on the day of or before Elysia Hughes' birth. Hence anime Ed is 16 as of ep 30.

However manga Ed's birthday is not on the same day as anime Ed. Reference: Vol 4 which contains the arc for ep 23. No references to Ed's birthday though Elysia's was mentioned.

Hence manga Ed is likely to be younger than anime Ed by months even though the timeline has passed through the same year/month.

Note that event wise, Chapter 34 has already finished the key fight of our current anime's arc. Hence the manga can be said to be ahead instead.

I updated the Timeline thread to reflect the birthdays. Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime
but in the manga
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sorry could not resist doing that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Hey, big thanks for these - I've been waiting for Ch.34 to appear. How long did it take you? Any plans to do previous chapters?
Well, it depends on if I can get the raws and time to do so. Also if I feel able to handle the translations since my lessons in Japanese are not complete yet and I still feel my ability in it still needs some hard work.