View Single Post
Old 2012-06-13, 17:07   Link #199
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wouldn't call what Miyata Sou did "tracing" but rather "copying".

To me, tracing is like cut and paste the image then modify it a bit, just a little bit.

Copying is well, copy the image, pose or composition but change the rest completely.

I found copying the art work to be bad, but drawing from photos is... It's not like we can afford a model or travelling to the scenes just to photograph the images we want as reference though. And drawing or painting urbanscape without copying from photos is just too hard and unrewarding.

There are much, much worse artists than these. There's a guy in Austria who basically copy and print others' game concept arts as his own paintings in an open exhibition.

There are some cases I feel sorry for the author though. Like the one who got his manga about food canceled because he traced (or drew) from the photos we can find easily by Google, pictures of food and famous restaurants. I suppose it would be too hard to get a picture of foreign food by himself. I can't imagine finding lutfisk or surströmming outside Scandinavia either.

As for Miyata Sou, his plagiarization is too obvious.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote