View Single Post
Old 2010-06-13, 17:52   Link #10994
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I find this difficult to believe, but, whatever. I understand what you're getting at.
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that Christie's mysteries are not well crafted and interesting, I'm just saying that it's usually not hard to figure out the end result of ANY mystery, especially if they used to make up the bulk of your reading diet for more than a decade. (Mysteries were some of the first types of books I read while I was growing up, and I've literally read hundreds of different series spanning all ages. Eventually you start to notice patterns.)

The weakness in looking at it from a narrative perspective is that you can pinpoint WHO nearly all the time, WHY some of the time, but almost never HOW, unless you've found a similar trick in another mystery you've read. Therefore I can put forth all I want that I think Beato is an entity of some sort with no firm ties to Shannon/Kanon/Jessica, but if I can't explain how the murders are committed or why, most people won't pay me much mind. Understandably.

Because there are problems with it.

But there are also major problems as put forth with the ShaKanonTrice theory that makes it even unlikely to me.

Spoiler for ep6:

I think the only way I could accept the three of them being the same is if it was "Beato" playing at being both of them. Her not being a part of them, but them being a part of her.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote