View Single Post
Old 2009-11-27, 08:19   Link #1729
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
That and the multiple screenings through out the day. 1.0 did well enough for them do that despite having fewer daily screenings iirc.

Though wasn't 1.0 screened for nearly a month the last time? I hope 2.0 lasts that long for my nth trip there before they stop showing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I watched it at 7:30 pm and its a full seating.

I guess everyone waited for the last few days to watch lol
I remember back then 1.0 was aired under the Picturehouse label, which is normally reserved for those artsy foreign films that are film festival material. Biggest problem about it was that there were very few screens that were showing the stuff. Back then I was hearing things about having packed theatres for a week.

Guess it's successful enough back then for Cathay to pull the plug on 2.0 being on Picturehouse (I was tracking the Picturehouse website for months, they had it on 'Coming Soon' for 2 months or so) and putting it up on the smaller mainstream theatres (AMK and Cine), and now I hear about this sudden surge in ticket sales near the end. Sounds like 3.0 might be getting a full mainstream release the time it comes.

By the way, having the Eva 2.0 poster sharing the same space as the new Twilight movie over at Cine felt really awesome. Never expected that the day would come when Asuka would be right beside the year-end blockbuster trilogy franchise.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote