View Single Post
Old 2007-09-07, 13:13   Link #87
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
First of all, how do you know Priscilla planned it? She could have just lost control in the last minute, like Clare did with her Awakened limbs, and her Yoma half could have taken over and killed Teresa. How do we know if Priscilla the Claymore intended to kill Teresa in that moment? Especially when she was begging for death.

The truth is we cant know, and you are making an assumption.
Excuse me, did we read the same manga ? Check out volume 5 page 37. Her only desire the moment she was beaten by Teresa was revenge and killing Teresa, that was her only objective, she was greatly piqued proffesional killer. All the time she was saying she would kill her, and suddenly assassin wants redemption, yeah right. Teresa's mistake was that she dealt with Pricilla like she did with Rosemary, underestimated her and believed her. See pages 52 and 53 and think again if I'm assuming things.

Priscilla: I will kill you ! I will never forgive you ! I will kill you ! ....
My papa was so kind to me, give me back my papa ! [tries to kill Teresa again with sudden attack]
<few minutes later she forgets that she wanted to kill her, lol>
Priscilla: Please, kill me while I still have a shred of humanity
[notice the strange change in font, that's not random, it obviously states she wasn't sincere and shows Teresa's naiveness and stupidity at that moment]

Quote:
Everyone was aware of Teresa's death (obviously) but as you stated, everyone thinks she was, and always will be, the strongest. I take Teresa's word on Priscilla's potential, that it was scary, and it was the potential of a monster.
Your statement that she was the strongest Claymore of all time is proof enough that people would consider her undefeatable in straight up combat.
The strongest doesn't mean invincible, decide then what you want to say.

Quote:
YOU may not be interested in Priscilla because of the way she is, and prefer she becomes the sterotypical Big Bad End Boss, but I personally think that is boring.
Riful is great, because she is Riful, I do not want Priscilla to turn into Riful just because it would make her a better end boss.
You think that's boring, but now you're excited and flustered after small demonstration and few pictures of Priscilla fighting. You're denying yourself.
All depends on how it's served. For me stupid would be redemption and forgiveness to Priscilla.
Destroying the organization would be a pointless thing to do. Anyone who would want that, should be prepared to spill claymore's blood, if that was made by AB I would understand, but by other claymores (i.e fab 7) it just doesn't seem right. Exposing to the people their real faces is another thing, but that wouldn't be too flashy.
I didn't mean to change her to Riful but the way she was just after awakening, that doesn't seem like Riful to me.

Quote:
Is it really? Were normal Yoma worse then AB? Did the populace have to drain their funds just to higher a hunter to kill a single Yoma? Did entire villages get whiped off the map by a single monster?
I would not be so quick to say the Claymore's would rebel, they are brought into the Organization at a young age, and judging by some of their attitudes, the Organization has a reasonably good indoctrination program.
The reason these people do not rebel is because they know that not everyone shares their rebellious thoughts.

and in the case of many of them, they WANT to keep killing Yoma, even if the Organization is the cause of bigger problems.
The organization had to do sth to prevent Yoma from rampaging, after they appeared Yoma had to conceal themselves and couldn't prey on humans openly anymore, hunting became harder to them. They didn't know side effects of their doings before they appeared, immediately they came up with countermeasures.
We are like organization, we make our lives easier, but pollute air and destroy nature, does it mean that all should live like Amish ?
The payment for what claymores are doing is adequate, only once we saw that they overdid when Teresa demanded double payment. I don't think anyone would prefer not paying and be eaten by yoma.
Also you're writing sth about good indoctrination program. Fab 7 and all that were in Pieta are proof of that . Alicia, Beth and Priscilla followed them only because they couldn't think by themselves (read: they were too stupid), but others are just soldiers not puppets. Even such devoted warrior as Audrey revealed confidential information to Miria.