View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 10:04   Link #1640
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Anyway regarding the vanguard match, wouldn't it be tactically better for Toki to just let Teru drop someone to zero?

Toki has a power that will protect her from Teru's rons as long it is working and she has considerable lead to the third player... Considering that all the dealer streaks has been stopped partially because of Toki's precognition if she doesn't actively try to stop Teru's rampage the vanguard match might be already be over and I'm 80% sure that Senriyama would be second due to Toki avoiding Teru's direct onslaught (ron) with her precognition unlike the other players.

In this scenario, Kirame will most likely clinch third since her ability is to avoid going below zero and thus Kuro will go below zero due her hand being an easy target.

The outlined strategy above would allow Toki to get some first hand experience and data regarding Teru. And since Senriyama likes to analyze stuff, it might help them prepare a good strategy for the finals. It would also conserve Toki's flagging stamina...

Of course this strategy from a certain perspective can be considered cowardly and dishonorable... And depending on the presentation my liking of Toki might go down a few notches if she tries this...
I've been wondering the exact same thing.

With things as they are, Senriyama could probably end up in 2nd place if Toki doesn't push herself too much. After all, her power is perfect for defending against direct hits from Teru, so she could probably manage it without pushing herself too much.

The back of my head is telling me that it's all for the drama, but can I can't help but look for a more substantial reason.