View Single Post
Old 2010-10-20, 08:07   Link #6
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

It doesn't really matter how he gets his army: the fact is that he now has one. The war's objective isn't to crush any particular nation. He doesn't need to send in infantry and the regular battle array to brute force storm the capitol.

This is a war that should go a lot more like a Cold War: less direct clashes and more infiltration, more focus on information and espionage, and tactical positioning. In fact Madara himself is already moving just like a Cold War thinker. He isn't interested in killing off any particular village of ninja, but just moving in on specific targets.

There may be eventually a large clash on key resistance centres, or even better: Madara, after he gets the powers he has been pining away for will actually just use the army as a reinforcement arm, and he could well just send some talented shinobi aides to kill off the Kages and the leaders in every village and have them replaced, and move a small controlling force into every village: an influx of S-class shinobi in a tight pack ruling on Madara's behalf, plus the threat of hundreds of thousands of infantry (Zetsu clones) are enough to subdue most of the weaker parts of the Naruto world, and for the Great Nations, just send in again, S-class shinobi, along with a larger attack force and cripple the country considerably, kill of the former monarchy and leadership, and install a larger threat, and from then on, you should have a chastened puppy of a world.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote