View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 20:18   Link #125
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
Well, in the fight with Haku, yeah that was stupid but ofcourse they are allowed to make mistakes and I'm sure he learned from his mistakes so you can't really use that as a reason why he doesn't have the leadership skill also because this was way before the exam. Also when they were going through the forest of death, you also have to remember that it was Naruto that help them through when they were trapped in that genjutsu and that too made played a large part in their survival.

Naruto pre time skip also inspired a lot of people and that is one of the leadership traits, something that Shikamaru or any of the other genins lacked.
He does have the ability to inspire people. That's a good basis to form a capable leader on, but I'd rather follow someone who was smart rather than charismatic especially if my life was at stake. Still, I'm sure there are several occasions were it's better to have a leader with enough strength to handle the challenge rather than smarts. There's so many unique possibilities in any given mission it's hard to say which type of leadership is most useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
As I said above, Naruto's main advantage is his strength, and as long as he does have the strength to lead his team, then he should be allowed to take that rank. Even though pre-time skip Naruto didn't have that strength, there are cases that might be used to support him in addition to cases leading to the completely opposite direction.

But, for me, as I said at the beginning, he was not ready.
I pretty much agree with that. You bought up a good point in your spoiler tag. I'm hoping this upcoming chapter will shed some light on Naruto's abilities when he's not in a highly emotional state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand
Naruto may be dim in certain areas but hes not an idiot. i mean he did master alot of techniques that no other genin could. Name another genin with the ability to to Summon(weapons dont count), name a genin that can learn the shadow clone jutsu in one day. a genin who is able to manipulate the shape of his chakra in his hand an perform the rasengan? he knows how to control his shadow clones and lead them into attack he knows that he can use some as a diversion and attack with another from behind, and he knows how to be sneaky when he needs to be. he has more stamina and chakra capacities then anyone in Konoha. Find a genin with natural srength equal to his(Remember his natural chakra is at least 2x that of Kakashi, not including the capabiliies of the Kyuubi)
Get the point you're trying to make, but every genin has unique abilities. Chuunin promotion isn't really dependent on how many jutsu you know. As we saw, Shikamaru was promoted and he only knew one jutsu at the time.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote