View Single Post
Old 2007-02-07, 00:52   Link #131
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post

Now Naruto is a person who is followed because he inspires people (Hinata for example) i think that is also a great ability.
Very true indeed. How many people has Naruto encountered and not had a significant impact on. Most people that encounter him(even for a short while) leave a better or stronger person than before they met him. Now if that isn't a true leadership quality I dunno what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The best leaders usually have both qualities. Charisma and high intelligence.

The Sasuke Retrieval Arc showcased this. They already had orders to follow Shikamaru. That still didn't stop Naruto, Kiba, and Neji from being skeptical of his leadership. Not a good thing when going into a mission.

Shikamaru first impressed everyone with his intelligence when he put together a perfect formation and strategy in only a few moments.

But it was his charismatic speech about Sasuke that inspired everyone and sold the deal that he was someone you'd want to follow into battle. Shikamaru demonstrated both traits you want in a leader.

Kiba: Now you are starting to look like you deserve that chuunin title.
Hmm, while I completely agree with you that great leaders usually tend to have both qualities. I would say that those are more so the "natural" leaders. I think it's completely possible(albeit with a lil more work) to become a great leader with only one of those two qualities.
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote