View Single Post
Old 2007-02-18, 13:32   Link #139
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Like I was just saying in another thread he's atleast worthy of being Chunnin right now and should get a special exemption by Tsunade (based on her knowing his true-powers and his training with Jaraiya)...I mean I know the fillers have lessened Rasengan to the point you can find it in a gumball machine, but still that's almost a sannin level technique to go with his jounin level cloning skills...And just because he's a Chunnin doesn't mean he has to have a group or be group leader...Tsunade pretty much groups who she wants together and I see no reason why Naruto couldn't be grouped with other Chunnins on mission where he isn't necessarily the group leader(atleast to start)...At some point your accomplishments have to start meaning something despite his lack of great strategic skills (which may come in the way of leading troops, but Naruto has shown he does know how to improvise and think strategic when it's just him)...He's beaten a Kazekage in Gaara, a Jounin-level in Negi (and Kabuto who he nearly killed), progressed way faster than genius-level Sasuke pre-cursed sealed...Learned a technique in Rasengan faster than the chosen one Yondaime did...At some point you have to throw your pre-conceptions out of the window and reward him based on the opponents he's fought and situations he's dealt with...Based on his ranking he's a joke to become Hokage right now and while that makes him a cool sleeper or secret-weapon it doesn't represent what he's capable of...I mean Ino and Choji couldn't hold Naruto's water bottle...It's sad really...