View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 06:49   Link #30
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Obvious Oreki x Chintanda shipping is obvious .

Anyways, this was a significant improvement from the last episode. Perhaps it was my expectation, because honestly I was just expecting a fanservice ep. Oh we still got fanservice. No doubt for that since Oreki fainted at the imagination of seeing what Chintanda was like naked in an Onsen. Lazy prick aside from aside from when it comes to pleasing Eru with her satiation for solving mysteries and ahem... perving eh?

Apart from that, quite enjoyed the ep. The mystery was decent and of a similar calibre from previous eps and the visuals and attention to detail were excellent per usual.

Although I am still dissappointed chooses to be limited in what they do in terms of diversification, I do appreciate that they are genuine with this series. They don't pretend it's some deep mystery series that's supposed to blow your mind. In other words, it's as far as pretentious as you can get. I also appreciate it isn't (aside from Chintanda herself and her DEM PURPLE EYES and KIMI NI ARIMASU running joke, which to be honest is getting really old now) exaggerated in its moe or how it portrays its comedy (it isn't slapstick).

However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone can spend enough money and give you flash - this is art. It's in the mold of Shinkai, "more real than real", as if the artists see the Platonic essence of a pine tree, or a ladybug, or a girls's eyes, and show us that.
I read your full blog post on LiA too Guardian and I have to disagree on your comparison to Shinkai. Shinkai aside from having excellent visuals invokes a really mesmerizing melancholic and bittersweet atmosphere which I cannot be said in any way (aside from the Hyouka OP, which I still believe is very inappropriate) for Hyouka. Hyouka is genuine, light-hearted, but if I had to criticize it of something other than "lacklustre" mysteries (which I think I'll stop criticizing it from that point from now on because now I believe this series isn't meant to be one, like K-on isn't supposed to be a music anime) is the lack of purpose and lack of a central conflict. Really, in the end, what is the point of Hyouka? In the case of Shinkai films, they all revolve around the theme of distance. In other big name slice of life in the past season such as Hanasaku Iroha the central theme was of Ohana coming of age. In Ano Hana, it is about letting go of the past. In Ano Natsu, it was about relationships. Natsuiro Kiseki it's about friendship. Hyouka? I still have no idea what the series point is.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-06-04 at 07:01.