Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 10:57   Link #4228
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
*scratches head* So the E-75 costs 3,480,000 credits? Yikes, definitely won't be getting THAT anytime soon. Even if I sell off the Panther AND the Tiger Royal, it's still not going to be enough. Oh well, next month then.

Oh some general observations, from some of the stats I've seen among the more active players of the clan -- those at higher tiers seem to peak performance-wise with their Tier 7s or 8s. After that, the stats feature a drop in general performance, likely in part to bad MM/Team composition at higher tiers (in other words volatility). There are some outliers of course -- see Touma's T30 stats or Kimi's Centurion mkI -- but it's kind of rare for us to have a win percentages bigger than 50% on tier 8s and up.
The E-75 was expensive .. but I grinded the credits on my Lowe, sold all my excess modules and sold the Comet I bought at a discount (man I hate that thing). I kept my Tiger 2 (for now) though. Moved my crew from the Tiger 2 to the E-75. It drives, shoots and fights like a much better Tiger 2, and I'm used to seeing Tier 9/10 in the Tiger 2 anyways so no difference there.

As for stats -- I speculate, and it is pure speculation at this point, that tier 8 is a very tough tier to play. It's almost like "the real world" of tanks..

I tend to see more high skill players consistently at that level both on my team and on the opposing team. Additionally, I find in most tier 8 tanks, you are so massively outclassed by Tier 9 that the power gap between 8-9 is much wider than between 7-8 and 9-10. I think my best stats with any reasonable number of battles is at Tier 7, I adore the Black Prince now (>57%) and T71 (>63%, which is a bit odd cause the T71 sees Tier 10). Part of it I feel has to be the "metagame" at that tier level for those vehicles. It apparently just suits me? For example, people love Tier 5 and the Pz4/M4/StuG .. any tank with HEAT is OP but I only have a 52% win rate on the Pz4? I am TERRIBAD at the StuG, look .. 37%!

Last edited by willx; 2013-03-22 at 11:19.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote