View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 20:00   Link #86
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
It is easy to say. I guarantee you you won't be able to kill another person. Life isn't CoD.
Just saying: when Mikoto had used her Railgun on Accelerator, I'm pretty sure she was trying to kill him (that would kill most people and she didn't know he was #1 until he told her later on in episode 6). It depends on how angry Mikoto is. Here she wasn't that angry and she believed that Frenda had some idealism, something that calmed her down greatly. Mikoto, however, is acting very mentally unstable right now (that's the point of this arc actually). This is certainly not the normal her. If I were in her situation, I would be feeling similarly or even worse than she is feeling. I wouldn't be able to imagine the pain she is feeling right now.

This is why I understand what she's doing whether or not it's "wrong." She's not only protecting her friends by doing this alone, she's also trying to stop the scientists who did her wrong. Blowing up laboratories isn't exactly just, but in this special scenario it isn't exactly evil either. However, the evil smile in the end of episode 7 didn't exactly help her case. Furthermore, she actually shocked Frenda very hard this episode, which is very uncharacteristic of her.

Mikoto is a 14 year old girl going through puberty. Mess with her emotions in a bad way and she might not be able to handle it. That's pretty normal. The amount that the scientists are messing with her emotions is ridiculous, so I can buy her actions. Yep...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote