View Single Post
Old 2007-03-15, 06:40   Link #1990
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Anyone can help identifying this series.

My description might be vague but this series is similar to samurai pizza cats + yaiba. Its like a mix of those two. It features armored humanoid that looks like samurai pizza cat's armor. I mixed in yaiba because I can remember one of the members or one of the antagonist looks like the toad villain from yaiba. Its been a while since I saw this, it was translated to english in Asia (so no NA dubbed). I saw it in 1993-95 so the original one would be on or before that. I'm still trying to remember some more details.

There are way, way, WAY too many anime that fit that description.
Were they squash-down deformed characters like pizza cats, or were they real human size? Were there any humans piloting it? Were the robots sentinent? Where there any human characters around? What was the premise of the show, the story? Just by your description, the whole Lamune series, Wataru series, etc could be brought up.

Anyways, if they were the same squash-down deformed characters like Samurai Pizza Cats,
I might suggest checking out Shippu! Iron Leaguer. It's a sports robot anime that aired in 1993.
If not, try googling Lamune and Wataru series.