Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 23:32   Link #1159
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Ah, that makes quite a lot of sense. I really liked the way K managed to weave in foreshadowing hints from the beginning that lead up to a plot reveal, and as for this Shiro sword thing, if he really was the one who did it, then he must still be hiding something that us viewers don't know that he currently does. Currently we all feel inclined to trust Shiro for now since he's amnesiac and is such a nice guy, but if he really is hiding something after all... then hmm that'll be really interesting. I'd like this show even more if it does indeed proceed in that direction.

So I guess if Shiro really created that sword, then - the Sword of Damocles is currently, truly, with him then?
Same. I didn't expect it when I first went into this show, but the writing is really solid and foreshadowing really relevant(the OP even foreshadowed Shiro falling from the sky, hahahaha).

I think it's pretty likely that Shiro is hiding something from everyone - including us - though I trust that he is a kind-hearted guy by nature and truly amnesiac. But well, his tendency to lie and competence at lying have been apparent ever since he made up that story about his little sister. Which also happens to be a call-back...call-forth...to how he made up his own name in a spur of the moment thing by looking at a poster. Gotta love how much detail the writers put into this show.

As viewers, we have very little idea of what exactly the sword of damocles is, except that it seems to be the manifestation of a king's power. I wouldn't be surprised if Shiro has always had it - or it has been somehow suppressed till this point for some reason. Someone did jokingly theorize that the sword of damocles is his parasol though, since it was conspicuously offscreen when the sword appeared.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote