View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 08:28   Link #28
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In a long streak of betting on the wrong horse, I'm glad that for once I've picked the winning horse right from the start I don't know if anyone noticed, but mid way through I'm glad that comparisons with Toradora stopped naturally- This story isn't really as romance driven as that, but thank God Sakurasou was able to do it's own thing and stand on it's own merits... And actually does it better than if it was just about romance.

The two new characters were like a huge push to make me want to continue the story in the Light Novel I mean come on- The perfect bookworm girl with a misunderstood but proactive pervert guy? The comedy just writes itself !
Betting on horses, haha... I'd rather not bet, after I loss the Taiora beat I gave up on shipping only some rare few romances can make me choose although I also always expect the worse.

Agreed on your comments the lack of focus on the romance made the other themes in the show stand out which made me appreciate it more. Although I have to admit watching Mashiro and Sorata grow together and mature together was undeniably satisfying.