View Single Post
Old 2011-06-24, 17:04   Link #3
Dr. Casey

Fate/Zero's definitely something I'm going to watch, I'm watching Fate/Stay Night for the first time and enjoying it a lot. The main characters I particularly care about are Shirou, Saber, Rin Tohsaka, Archer, Sakura, and the gothloli girl whose name I forget, so it would be nice if they're all present in the prequel (Though it's doubtful Shirou will be since he's just a normal kid about six years old), though I wouldn't mind if the cast was all new.

Tamayura's a bit saccharine, but I enjoyed the four OVAs quite a bit and am glad to see it get the upgrade to TV series. I hope the opening and closing songs are as good as they were for the OVAs, I loved both songs.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon looks cool, plan on checking that out. I like the art style and the cold, metallic feeling the preview picture in that chart gives off.

Science fiction isn't a genre that cranks out too many series I'm fond of, but Coppelion looks nice. The show has an interesting premise, and I have some fun with shows that take place in the future because I'm weird and enjoy thinking about how old I and the people I know might be during the story, or thinking about how different our lives might be by that time compared to the present.

I'm a big Shana fan, so Shakugan no Shana III is easily going to be one of the anime highlights of both 2011 and 2012 for me, especially since I get the impression that the later novels are fucking badass, more than worth the long wait between the second and third seasons (Well, not quite so long for me as those who watched the show while it was still being aired because I watched Shana for the first time early 2009, but that's still a decent wait).

Personas 3 and 4 are easily my two favorite RPGs, so there's no way I'm missing out on the anime rendition of Persona 4. (Though, to make a correction that I'm sure a million other people are going to point out to the guy who made this chart, the bulk of the story actually takes place during 2011.) Depending on when the series begins, if the anime is two cours the final battle on March 20th 2012 might coincide with the final episode's air date, which would be pretty cool.

Mirai Nikki's a no-brainer, I've never read the manga but I've always hoped that it would receive an anime adaptation some day. I like that Yuuko girl in the preview picture, she looks like a very gentle, kindhearted, easygoing girl.

I might watch Kimi to Boku, looks unremarkable but decent enough to kill some time.

The second season of Working! is the last confirmed Fall anime that I'm interested in. I enjoyed the first season, and this one will probably be better since it has the best character (Yamada) around from the beginning.

On the OVA side, I enjoy The World God Only Knows very much and Higurashi is one of my all-time favorite stories period. Infinite Stratos is mediocre, but meh, I'll probably watch it anyway.

The Fall 2011 season looks really good so far overall, and continues the time-honored tradition of Fall seasons always being the best.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2011-06-24 at 17:09. Reason: accidentally included some Persona 4 spoilers, lol
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote