Thread: fix a sub
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-02, 20:14   Link #10
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluzar
Why exactly not? There are a few nice touches in the interface which just suit me better than VirtualDub.
VDubMod's MKV support hasn't been updated in ages, and from what I've heard it sounds like the MKV support that it does have was just a quick hack. I always used it when dealing with MKVs when I fansubbed, but my task was more along the lines of simple conversion; taking the video stream and placing it into a .avi container. VFR sources caused headaches and required AVS scripts to deal with variable decimation levels at different times.

I never did anything major with subtitle placement and timing, so I'm not sure why your subs are behaving the way they are. The only thing I can think of is that you're trying to preview the subtitles in VDubMod. Unless your computer is insanely fast, the video always lags in vdub/vdubmod. In theory the subs should be lagging right along with it and not running out of sync (that's been my experience), but who knows. Do a test encode and see if the subs are still out of sync. Also make sure that your time adjustments are exact, down to the millisecond. VDubMod isn't used by timers because there are programs better suited to the task of timing, but vdubmod is OK to use if you're doing a few adjustments.