Thread: Licensed Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 19:21   Link #598
Qilin
Romanticist

A bit late from me, but these last two arcs have been some of the most impressive we've seen so far. This latest episode could probably be renamed as "The History of Humanity: The Abridged Version". That's what it was and I loved every bit of it.

All I can say is that the ultimate outcome of civilization as alluded to in the episode is an inevitability as long as human society exists. As long as society strives for the sustenance of the race, population increase will naturally occur, bringing along with it a pressing need for expansion and consumption. As such, I didn't really see the episode as a critique of anything. Rather, it was saying that human society is doomed to ruin by the very fact of its existence. As long we aim for survival as a race, all the destruction and over-consumption are certain to happen. If anything, let's just blame it on our abnormally high adaptive capabilities as a population. Let's face it, we're like the intrusive, immortal cockroaches in nature's grand scheme.

Oh, right. The sharp jab at religion back there was pretty nice too.

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-08-31 at 19:51.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote