View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 17:01   Link #3261
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I don't know what you guys are arguing, that guy has a thesis that can not be proven untrue, nor true. I can also say dinosaurs all died from the flue (if my memories are correct somebody put such a hypothesis), impossible to prove I say nonsense, but impossible to prove I don't spout nonsense either.
Just grab a few guys who still have a paleolithic lifestyle. There are still a few around. And then, ask them some questions and see how well the answers check out.

Quote:
And first of all, what is >intellect<? Rational thinking? Learning? Art? Discoveries? Imagination? Meeh, there's so much way of defining it.
That's more of a problem, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
It is really rare to find any community that does not have access to modern medicine, tools and cloths to some extent and therefore no longer have to use their brains to survive like people thousands of years ago. Hell, my grandmother still had extensive knowledge of herbal remedies (gathered thru word of mouth), modern doctors no longer have to check a book, they only need to do a search on their computers.
All it means is that we use our brains for different tasks today than we did 100 or 100000 years ago. We've adapted to different environment. It doesn't mean the overall performance's deteriorated.