Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 19:30   Link #391
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I understand what you are saying and in one sense I do think personal growth is ultimately more important than winning.

But wouldn't a final match between Arata/Taichi be poetic with Chihaya playing in the queen match. I think that would actually bring everything full circle, having the 3 of them playing Karuta together.

I think ultimately we expect Chihaya to win her queen match in the end. It's more about the journey getting there. But an Arata/Taichi match where we don't know who will win would be such a great match. Obviously Taichi has to get stronger then he is now to play with confidence against Arata, but I think he can before the end.

Also I think Arata would truly love a game against a strong Taichi more than anything. We've seen friends play against each other, but I think that would be a really special match with them both giving their all to the game.

That would be my perfect ending. And I only say I want Chihaya to end up with the loser not because I see her as a consolation prize but it would lead to some happiness & fulfillment for everyone.
For that reason I said that, rethinking about it, probably that is how things will end. But, for now, I can't see him growing so much as a player in relation to Arata and Chihaya's growing. I still see them as two different leagues, two different worlds. But I fully see your big picture and it makes sense. And I like it even if I can't feel it for now.

About the perfect ending and who ends up with who, I have a slightly different reason, not for consolation prize nor for a happy ending, but because that would mean that a MC doesn't have to win to be loved, since love is not a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yes, and this series does have a bit of shounen to it, and it'll probably get even more like that as the characters become stronger. Besides, it seems like you're working on the mistaken assumption that Arata is really talented. Truth is, he doesn't have neither Chihaya's enhanced hearing nor her reaction time, and he doesn't even have Taichi's memory. What he's got are some techniques that help him overcome what he lacks on talent, and it wouldn't take much for Taichi to pick up on this if he wasn't beating himself to death assuming he's untalented and weak all the time. Arata's strength comes from his self-confidence, which is exactly what Taichi currently lacks (and this probably isn't a coincidence).

Let's just wait and see.
Good point. I do am assuming that Arata is really skilled. And the fact that we barely saw him in 30 episodes surely made me think, through Chihaya and Taichi's views of him, and as of late from the queen reaction, that he really is. So, as you said, let's wait and see.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote