View Single Post
Old 2008-11-13, 16:17   Link #9
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
That's pretty much it. My post was very poorly worded (I shouldn't have used the word "news", for instance), but I'm in rapid-posting mode most of the time due to my limited time online. It's not news, but it's an excellent layperson summary for a field that's getting near-zero attention. I've been reading news snippets for years about research results that clearly showed more was going on than the old DNA model, but never did those stories actually have anything to say about what's actually being learned in this field.

On the issue of AMA... I really don't find those figures surprising at all. Not only does it sound like a process most people would be willing to go through, but I can't think of any legal process which the general public is sufficiently educated about in any country, so I don't imagine that something like this would be well understood by the populace.

On the other hand, I really have to wonder what could have caused confusion such as people mistaking it for a euthanasia. I can't imagine how a person could confuse being able to die naturally with being euthanized. Surely there must have been some misinformation being spread?
There's an "euthanasia light", which is legal in some places, where instead of taking actual poison or some such, doctors unplug life support, or you just stop taking your medication. It's kinda like that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote