View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 00:36   Link #31092
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
What reading between the lines did you do? I thought it was pretty explicit...
The timing of the remarriage and Ange's birth leads me to believe that Kyrie was pushed over the edge because she had actually become pregnant already. She would've killed Asumu if it meant legitimizing her child with Rudolf (and thus her relationship with him). He wouldn't be able to marry her if his wife were alive (and Ange would've been a bastard and Kyrie a single mother), so this is the perfect impetus for Kyrie's hatred of Asumu to finally boil over and force her hand.

Likewise, Rudolf wouldn't have any reason to marry again that quickly unless he was under a particular deadline. What seemed to bother Battler was the suddenness of that action. Rudolf and Kyrie don't normally act hastily, so there'd have to be a reason for that. They have to marry fast or it will become increasingly obvious that Rudolf was cheating on his late wife. Unfortunately, by marrying fast they also become suspicious, although Battler seems to have missed the signals and assumed it was for a different reason.

I forget how explicitly Kyrie brought this up, but I vaguely recall her dancing around the exact rationale in her talk with Jessica in Dawn. She may have said that outright at some point and I just forgot about it. Either way, it seems pretty obvious. Unfortunately it also makes Asumu's death seem incredibly convenient, which makes you wonder whether Kyrie was telling the truth that her death miraculously didn't require Kyrie to do anything. If it's true, then it becomes very suspicious as it means that Kyrie was essentially "blessed" by both Lambdadelta (with the certain will to kill Asumu) and Bernkastel (with the miracle that Asumu would die without Kyrie having to dirty her hands).
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote