View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 17:47   Link #1353
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
I think that Yuuya actually has a legitimate complaint against Yui whenever she brought up the "race card" into her evaluation of Yuuya. Being a superior officer does not giver Yui the freedom call Yuuya an "embarrassment to the Japanese race". Yui isn't taking into consideration into Yuuya's background even though she has his files and knows that he was born in America, raised in America, and that his Japanese father left him at an early age.

And people keep saying that Yuuya is disrespecting Yui, but I really don't see it. By the end of episode 3 Yuuya says in a sarcastic tone about his piloting proficiency and interrupted jab at Japan's TSF. It wasn't specifically direct at Yui, but more about Japan in general, again not sure how that is disrespecting a superior officer or to Yui specifically.
What caused her to bring up the "race card" in the first place? His horrible attitude towards her. You don't see how he's disrespecting her? Just look at how he acts when he answers her questions. When you answer to your superior officer, you shouldn't smirk, answer sarcastically, flail your arms and move your body in that way. It's plain rude. And he does over and over again. Yui's reaction? Her racist comments -> Yuuya gets mad -> More fun ensues.

Also I'm sure she already took into account of his records. It's just they will need him to test Shiranui later on, a Japanese TSF. Since it's not ready, in the meantime, practice using the Fubuki, a Japanese practice unit. It's so that he could get used to piloting a Japanese unit I assume. Instead he's like, "Have you look at my records?" "Why am I piloting such a thing?!" and in the end he could not pilot the unit very well either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
See... we need to see more of those Russians. All the "fun" fanservice is on their side of the training camp. On our side we just have arguements about pricks, bitches, racism... We need those girls back.
No kidding. We need those crazy girls back. I want this whole Yuuya vs Yui thing resolve soon so we can have more fun afterwards with those two joining in more hehe.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote