View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 16:36   Link #46
Makers_F

Can someone tell me what Maria spelled without a sound to saki?

If i'm not mistaking, the holy barrier is there in order to prevent natural leaks of the cantus (that the subconscious normally "uses") from going outside and tainting the world. As we have seen with Shun, a powerful leaking cantus changes the creatures (see the dog) and 2 cantus users free in the world can generate a creature that is dangerous to the village (actually, in the first episode, i thought that the guy that went gathering herbs created subconsciously the fiend, and then the newly generated monster followed him to the village's bridge). Their leaking cantus for sure is not as powerful as Shun's, but in the long run it may happens. Already many newly creatures generated in just 1000 years, too low of a timespan for the evolution to work (in a resemblance between the effects of the leaking cantus in Shin Sekai Yori and the effect of the radiations for the development of Earth's life in Asimov's books)

Ps: it's shi-fi as long as it gives reasonable answers only based on the premises of the book to events. If Tamiko was so long-living because some god made her like that, it would become fantasy, but the author explained in a rational way this fact. And one of the reasons i like this show so much is because of how every time the author gives an explanation, it is so rational and plausible given the world in which it is settled