View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 21:25   Link #249
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Not really. From my perspective, it's only been one bad year for her due to three anime (Aquarion Evol, BRS and AKB0048), and two of them were because of the influence of a certain director she's no longer working under. I don't think we can really form any trend from that.
That "one bad year" happens to be the most recent one, and the one in which she seems to be working more than ever before. That's my point - If her work schedule was more like it was in the past, maybe her writing would be better for it.

Quote:
I never really thought there were ever any writing issues for both of those anime. I think they both sucked because the concept that defined the writing was bad to begin with. If you thought there were writing issues with Aquarion Evol then I'd blame it on the apparent fact that Kawamori never planned properly:

With all due respect, Haak, you're beginning to sound like somebody who's running an "Okada for President 2012!" election campaign.

"Everything good Okada is associated with is all her baby! And everything bad Okada is associated with is totally somebody else's fault!"

Seriously, that seems to be the gist of your take on Okada. Don't you think that's rather biased, and doesn't exactly constitute a fair or evenhanded take on Okada?

You're willing to give Okada all sorts of credit for AnoHana (in spite of AnoHana having a prominent Director), but with Aquarion EVOL you blame all of its writing issues on its prominent Director? You don't see the double standard here?

Honestly, you do seem to be trying to have it both ways with Okada (she gets major credit for AnoHana, but she should get a total slide with Aquarion EVOL and AKB0048). And I just don't think that's an even remotely fair or evenhanded take on it.

I'm willing to give Okada some real credit for AnoHana. At the same time, that means she should get some real blame for other anime shows that didn't go so well.