View Single Post
Old 2006-08-14, 21:05   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Umm, I hate to say it Vexx but I somewhat doubt it. What you're listing would qualify as "following the storyline" as well as any anime follows a manga storyline. Since they're going out of their way to tell us it won't follow the storyline, I expect massive deviations.

Not that that's necessarily bad - I would have actually liked a show that fast forwarded to them as adults fighting wrongs or whatnot, and there's no reason why an alternate Negi would necessarily be bad. I'm just always a little wary when they go out of their way to point out they're going to change things.
well.. I did label it pure speculation (or "wishful thinking" might be a better term). I just hope they leave the general concepts alone like:
1) the cards/Pactios
2) some adventure involving the library complex
3) the Evangeline conflict/comradery
4) the Nodoka/Negi tension and the Setsuna/Konoka bits
5) some form of the Kyoto arc that climaxes with the demon battles and Evangeline in full "bloom"

How they arrange them, how each girl gets her card, etc etc ... can be completely new and fine. Each girl's "adventure" with Negi could be novel as well (though I might miss Kaede in the woods or Mana's perimeter hunt).

A lot of stories about teams involve the assembling of the team and thats a large part of the Negi series --- it would have to be really compelling to want to skip over all that. I do like the idea of a "fast forward" to the assembled team .... but at that point I'd like to see Negi be 14 or so and the girls all in their senior year - and I'm not seeing that in the character designs.

Ah well, the next volume from Del Rey is due out in mere instants of time ... that'll keep me diverted.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-14 at 21:23.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote